Instagram has evolved from a simple photo sharing app into a powerful marketing and sales machine. With its incredible marketing potential, big and small businesses seek out IG inspiration to create a winning strategy and beat competitors.
By: Tatiana Cortes
Those days when IG presence was an option are gone. To get creative, the easiest way is to find IG-inspiration from brands out there. Learn from them, get motivated, and implement similar strategies that work for your brand!
Here is a list of 15 fashion brands you should follow on IG for marketing inspiration:
1. Everlane: This account has their beautiful product imagery on point. Featuring their costumers wearing Everlane clothes, inspiring travel photography, and tips on food and art destinations around the world.
2. Nike: The behemont athletic brand has embraced video content and it regularly shares clips with its 7.1 million followers. Their feed is based on a mix of motivational professional athletes and regular everyday fitness enthusiasts.
3. Teva: Their feed includes customer-generated photos of their sandals out in the wild, as well as sleek product shots highlighting their new styles.
4. Zara: Their account looks like a high-fashion magazine, with professional editorial shots of people wearing their stylish clothes.
5. Fossil: Their feed consists of neatly organized item. This brand curates an impressive feed of food, fashion, and celebrity influencers.
6. Kate Spade: This account has a distinct personal touch that distinguish it from similar brands. Their social media manager shares daily outfit pictures, snaps from around NYC, and behind the scene shots of the design process at the studio.
7. Fjällräven: A Swedish outdoor apparel brand, focuses less about their product and more about the adventurous spirit that defines their company.
8. Madewell: Focusing more on their relaxed, classic styles; with bright, sunny images of their latest products, their feed also collaborates with other brands such as Vans.
9. The Row: Another one that focuses less on their products and more on visual inspiration, featuring vintage photos of art, architecture, and fashion – very sporadically sharing images of their actual products.
10. Asos: This British fashion and beauty retailer keeps their feed updated regularly, with colorful and bold product images and editorial snaps from their latest campaigns.
11. Aerie: Strolling through their feed is like taking a tropical beach getaway. This lingerie and bathing suit brand is known for posting unretouched photos in their print ads and posts. They like promoting a diverse range of women and body-positive messages.
12. Eileen Fisher: Emphasizing on their quality materials and environmentally friendly production process, their feed promotes images of women from all walks of life – they prove that style is truly ageless.
13. Anthropologie: Their feed is a visual smorgasbord of inspiration with their colorful close-ups of their bright patterned styles. They also promote travel shots, featuring their clothes around the world.
14. Gilrfriend Collective: They enjoyed an explosive social media growth with their free legging promotion. Their feed keeps costumers engaged with stunning product photography of their minimal styles and screencaps from inspirational movies.
15. J.Crew: They have mastered the art of follower engagement, keeping costumers inspired and interested, with daily updated stories and regular contests to select new styles for clothes and accessories.