Books can be incredibly powerful and more if you want to be successful in any business.
By: Tatiana Cortes
They have the ability to suck us in, take us on adventures, and influence the way we think. Books will expose you to new ideas and modes of thinking, and will give you access to diverse knowledge.
As we enter this year, here we have 10 powerful books to spark ideas and creative thought, and put you on solid footing to achieve your goals.
1. Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future, By Peter Thiel.
Entrepreneur and investor, Peter Thiel, shows how we can find singular ways to create new things. He points out the contrarian premise that we live in an age of technological stagnation. The great secret of our time is that there are still uncharted frontiers to explore and new inventions to create.
2. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change, By Stephen Covey.
It has been and it continues to be a top seller, where the author presents his perspective of how to be effective, being able to reach your goals. His 7 habits vary from acquiring independence to working with others – Interdependence.
3. The Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Success Businesses, By Eric Ries.
Author defines a startup as an organization dedicated to creating something new under conditions of extreme uncertainty. The book offers ways to test your vision continuously, to adapt and adjust before it’s too late.
4. The Bright Hour: A Memoir of Living and Dying, By Nina Riggs.
The book does a wonderful job in putting things into a bigger perspective. Her breathtaking memoir urges the conversation of what really makes life meaningful when one has limited time. The Bright Hour urges us to live well and not lose sight of what makes us human: love, art, music, words.
5. Crush It, By Gary Vaynerchuk.
The author tells you how to harness the power of the internet to make your entrepreneurial dreams come true – it’s the ultimate driver’s manual for modern business
6. The Wisdom of Sundays: Life-Changing Insights from Super Soul Conversations, By Oprah Winfrey.
A book from the queen of interviewing spiritual gurus, world leaders, therapists, doctors, and other thought leaders. This book takes the best of the best from these conversations and combines them into one uplifting read.
7. You Are A Badass at Making Money, By Jen Sincero.
In this easily digestible book, you’ll learn how to move past your limiting beliefs about money, discover what’s been holding you back from financial abundance, and once and for all take control of your relationship with wealth.
8. Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are, So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be, By Rachel Hollis.
This book is such a fun read. The author exposes the many lies and misconceptions that often hold us back from living our best life. She shares the strategies she used to move past things that were holding her back from living her life with passion and confidence.
9. Year of Yes, By Shonda Rhimes.
Author reveals how saying yes changed her life and how it can change yours too. After reading what Rhimes was able to accomplish, you might want to attempt something you’ve been terrified to do.
10. How to Win Friends and Influence People, By Dale Carnegie.
A timeless bestseller packed with rock-solid advice that has carried thousands to success in their businesses and personal lives. Learn the six ways to make people like you, the twelve ways to win people to your way of thinking, and the nine ways to change people without arousing resentment.