Books can be incredibly powerful and more if you want to be successful in any business.
By: Tatiana Cortes
They have the ability to suck us in, take us on adventures, and influence the way we think. Books will expose you to new ideas and modes of thinking, and will give you access to diverse knowledge.
As we enter this year, here we have 10 powerful books to spark ideas and creative thought, and put you on solid footing to achieve your goals.
1. Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future, By Peter Thiel.
Entrepreneur and investor, Peter Thiel, shows how we can find singular ways to create new things. He points out the contrarian premise that we live in an age of technological stagnation. The great secret of our time is that there are still uncharted frontiers to explore and new inventions to create.
2. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change, By Stephen Covey.
It has been and it continues to be a top seller, where the author presents his perspective of how to be effective, being able to reach your goals. His 7 habits vary from acquiring independence to working with others – Interdependence.
3. The Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Success Businesses, By Eric Ries.
Author defines a startup as an organization dedicated to creating something new under conditions of extreme uncertainty. The book offers ways to test your vision continuously, to adapt and adjust before it’s too late.
4. The Bright Hour: A Memoir of Living and Dying, By Nina Riggs.
The book does a wonderful job in putting things into a bigger perspective. Her breathtaking memoir urges the conversation of what really makes life meaningful when one has limited time. The Bright Hour urges us to live well and not lose sight of what makes us human: love, art, music, words.
5. Crush It, By Gary Vaynerchuk.
The author tells you how to harness the power of the internet to make your entrepreneurial dreams come true – it’s the ultimate driver’s manual for modern business
6. The Wisdom of Sundays: Life-Changing Insights from Super Soul Conversations, By Oprah Winfrey.
A book from the queen of interviewing spiritual gurus, world leaders, therapists, doctors, and other thought leaders. This